Winter 2009 contest
|Top Previous Next|
Retro game contest
A new contest is on its way and this time it's a retro game contest. Yes, you've heard it right, we will use the power of GameStudio to recreate an "oldie but goldie" game. You can simply clone the original or create an improved version of the original game (graphics-wise, gameplay-wise, etc).
The rules are simple (as always):
1) Register at Conitec's forum (if you aren't a registered user already);
2) Create a retro game / game demo;
3) Send it our way.
You can use any GameStudio version, including the free version of GameStudio (lite-C free) to develop the game. Please make sure to include the following files inside the demo archive:
- A screenshot of your game;
- A text file containing your name, physical and email address, GameStudio version and other important information that we might need;
If your demos have less than 5MB you can send them by email to email@example.com; otherwise, email us a download link or post the link at Conitec's forum, under the "Acknex Users Magazine" tread. Send the demos before the 1st of February 2010; we will upload them to Acknex Unlimited and we will open a user ranking thread at the forum.
Not sure where to start? Simply Google "retro games" and you'll be set.
By submitting your demo(s) you declare that:
- you have created all the submitted content, or you have the right to use it and distribute it freely;
- the demo(s) can be given freely to all the engine users and / or made available for free at Conitec's websites as GameStudio demos.
And what can you win? First of all, a lot of fame and respect! And then, one of these prizes:
- 1st prize: A7 Professional or a $500 voucher that can be used at Conitec's web store (if you already own A7 professional);
- 2nd prize: A7 Professional or a $500 voucher that can be used at Conitec's web store (if you already own A7 professional);
The winners will be decided by our jury (51%) and by the votes at Conitec's forum (49%). Good luck!