Poll for litec-sql.dll

Posted By: Joozey

Poll for litec-sql.dll - 07/05/08 22:14

Since I found out you can not make a poll in user contributions, I made the poll here smile.

As I wanted to have some feedback on the litec-sql.dll I constructed today ( which you can read here ), I made a poll. Please take a few seconds to fill it in!
Discussing about improvement goes here as well.

Regards,

Joozey

Posted By: fastlane69

Re: Poll for litec-sql.dll - 07/05/08 23:44

Quote:
Do you need this for A6?

is this right? Or should it be A7?

Re: Poll for litec-sql.dll - 07/06/08 17:38

A6 is right, I could make an A6 (or c-script) version. I know there is already another sql plugin usuable for c-script, though IMO it's a little cumbersome. With this plugin you get everything back in a string, whether it be numbers, multiple rows or error messages. There are still alot of people using c-script.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Poll for litec-sql.dll - 07/06/08 19:25

http://a7-files.nixip.com/gsmysql/

check this page wink guess it will help alot.

Re: Poll for litec-sql.dll - 07/06/08 19:39

As I said, I knew there was already an SQL for c-script, but try to retrieve multiple rows at once with it wink. Neither do you get error messages back. It just crashes.

Plus I offer users to register a free test-database if there is enough interest. No need to install your own database, or buy a server. Only fill in your password and username in the testdb_connect() function and you're connected.
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Poll for litec-sql.dll - 07/06/08 19:51

Interesting thing, for a test database you could also use XAMPP locally, which costs nothing by the way.
Or does this not work because you internally always link to your server?
Quote:

This version links to a database on my personal server and practically every query can be performed on it.

Quoted: Joozey, http://www.coniserver.net/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=214631#Post214631

Re: Poll for litec-sql.dll - 07/06/08 20:13

Quote:
Interesting thing, for a test database you could also use XAMPP locally, which costs nothing by the way.

Hmm, never heard of xampp but yes, you could also use it if you want to have your own localhost testdatabase smile. Using localhost while developping in a team is already harder though.

Originally Posted By: Xarthor
Or does this not work because you internally always link to your server?

Originally Posted By: Joozey
There is a forth function, called db_connect and allows to connect to a different database, but this will be available in the future.
grin
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Poll for litec-sql.dll - 07/07/08 06:56

Quote:

but this will be available in the future.

So your dll is of no use for personal local development, unless we use your server.

I'll be waiting for the db_connect function then wink
Posted By: William

Re: Poll for litec-sql.dll - 07/07/08 22:19

Yeah, I would need to use it with a personal database. But thanks for sharing. smile
Posted By: Carlos3DGS

Re: Poll for litec-sql.dll - 01/14/09 10:42

It is very usefull, but i need it to conect to my own database.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: Poll for litec-sql.dll - 01/14/09 11:34

haha, i might start using this right now, since i have done php/mySQL for the first time in like 2 years recently, and remembered how easy it is. might start making a small online game :P
© 2024 lite-C Forums