Hi folks,

I am close to the beta release of my MMO, and I need to figure out a few things. Does anyone have info on setting up the servers? Here are my questions, and if you know any info pertaining to any of these questions please post. This could be links, ideas, etc. Please note that although I greatly appreciate it, I do not need advice at this time on how to program, manage, or author the software aspect. I am only interested in developing a realistic planner for getting the project online and ready to handle subscribers.

1- Does anyone knnow how to get in contact with a company that runs and regulates servers for you. The hardware, software, whatever. What are these comapnies website links? Average cost? Location? Software Requirements?

2- Does anyone know the hardware requirements for setting up a server that could handle 1 test server w/ up to 2,000 clients, 5 to 10 regular servers with up to 3,000 clients and run the software smoothly. I need to know what hardware is required, what internet speed is required, and if it is even feasable, assuming I have the appropriate software for handling it all.

3- Would anyone be willing to chat with me about the steps needed to make this happen. I would love to learn as muc has possible about these things so that I can start forcasting, and budgeting this aspect of the development cycle. Please PM me with your MSN ID.

Thanks folks,

Jesse

{Project Hooked}

you can find me with my face in the keyboard, unshaven, listening to some nameless techno tragedy, and hashing through code over a cold cup a stale joe. __________________________________ yours truly