Dont know if this should go to physics section but it's here.

Since the ODE is outdated and not updated anymore, and lacks of some features and some current features are not proper etc. people searches for some other physics engine. There is Aegia Physx, but it has some license fees for commerical use. Havok gonna be released soon, but also needs some license fees for commerical use, newton is really good and already works with GS.Aaand there is another open-source one, and licensed under zlib license for commerical projects. Has plenty of good features and imporeved everyday. The Bullet.

The latest features are Softbody physics, clothes, ropes etc. They also have ragdolls, and rigid bodies of course.

You should check their 4day-old demo that shows softbodies,ropes,clothes, rigid body attached to rope, again something attached to cloth, softbody collisions,ragdols, a BSP demo, something about concave and convex shapes +raytracers(its 1.30am here i didnt completely get them.), sliders, 3000 boxes falling test, 130+ ragdolls test etc. Check and see youself:
http://code.google.com/p/bullet/downloads/list

(the 1 mb one is the demo.)

Im really impressed, softbodies are new features in bullet so i belive that it will be improved more.

I dont know what conitec and GS developers and JCL thinks about current physics engine of acknex, and how deep ODE bruied in to acknex, but doing something like replacing ode with bullet would be great.But this has a very small possibility.

Since currently there is nothing about replacing the physics engine ,Would somebody(not me, im not that experienced) consider trying to plug this in to GS??

Last edited by Quadraxas; 04/15/08 22:45.