Summer 2009 contest
|Top Previous Next|
It's time for a new contest! This time it's a shader contest open to all the shader masters, shader newbies and even GameStudio beginners! The rules are simple:
1) Create a new shader, use shaders created by other users or modify the template shaders that come with GameStudio;
2) Send us a demo that shows your new or modified shader in action.
There's a single restriction: if you use the functions from the default.fx library, don't copy them from there to your shader code (when applicable). This ensures that the shaders remain compatible with future Gamestudio versions and support proper lighting and fog.
Please make sure to include the following files inside the demo archive:
- A screenshot of your demo;
- A text file containing your name, physical and email address, GameStudio version and other important information that we might need;
If your demos have less than 5MB you can send them by email to email@example.com; otherwise, email us a download link or post the link at Conitec's forum, under the "Acknex Users Magazine" tread. Send the demos before the 15th of August 2009; we will upload them to Acknex Unlimited and we will open a user ranking thread at the forum.
By submitting your demo(s) you declare that:
- you have created all the submitted content, or you have the right to use it and distribute it freely;
- the demo(s) can be given freely to all the engine users and / or made available for free at Conitec's websites as GameStudio demos.
And what can you win? First of all, a lot of fame and respect! And then, one of these prizes:
- 1st prize: an upgrade to A7 Professional or a $500 voucher that can be used at Conitec's web store (if you already own A7 professional);
- 2nd prize: an upgrade to A7 Professional or a $500 voucher that can be used at Conitec's web store (if you already own A7 professional);
Yes, we are giving away two A7 Professional copies this time! The winners will be decided by our jury (51%) and by the votes at Conitec's forum (49%). Good luck!