Winter 2016 Contest
|Top Previous Next|
Open Source Contest
It's time for a new contest! This time we've got an open source contest, where you have to include your fantastic source code and allow us all to learn from it. Create a zipped file (NO installation kits, please) which contains the following items:
- a folder containing your compiled, running project / demo;
- a folder that contains your project's source code;
- a screenshot of your project;
- a text file containing your name, physical and email address, GameStudio version and other important information that you think we might need.
You can send one or more entries, of course. Send them by email to george_senior at yahoo dot com if their size doesn't exceed 5 MB; otherwise, email me a download link (create a free Dropbox account, for example) or post the link at Conitec's forum, under an "Acknex Users Magazine" tread.
Send your contributions before the 29th of February 2016; we will upload them to Acknex Unlimited, and then we will open a user ranking thread at the forum.
By submitting your entries you declare that:
- You have created all the submitted content, or you have the right to use it and distribute it freely;
- The content can be given freely to all the engine users and / or made available for free at Conitec's websites.
And what can you win? First of all, a lot of fame and respect! And then, one of these prizes:
- 1st prize: A8 Professional or a $500 voucher that can be used at Conitec's web store (if you already own A8 professional);
- 2nd prize: A8 Professional or a $500 voucher that can be used at Conitec's web store (if you already own A8 professional);
The winners will be decided by our jury (51%) and by the votes at Conitec's forum (49%).
OK, so now that we have nailed the contest rules, what is this contest about once again? Any project that includes its source code is perfect! I'd say that you should send simple projects, and maybe even comment some of the code (where you think it's needed). Good luck!