|Top Previous Next|
This month's featured contribution comes from Rajoelison Andry Herizo. It's a full rewrite of the physX plugin that can be tested using the two demos that come with this month's resource. Here's the plugin feature list:
- Rigid bodies;
- Joints (more easy to configure);
- Character controllers (it is quite easy to create platformers). Some advantages are:
a) 1 line to create moving platforms (Integrated into physX);
b) CCT doesn't automatically push bodies, but can be configured depending on gameplay (demonstrated in the North Pole sample);
c) Handling character interactions is easy (collision constants are defined).
- Vehicles (4 wheeled chars and n > 4 wheeled chars a.k.a tanks);
- Scene queries (raycast, sweep and overlap supporting capsule and sphere - demonstrated in character controller crouching);
- Function names have similarities with the actual plugin function names: physX_open to physX3_open; pXent_settype to pX3ent_settype, and so on;
Herizo will be more than happy to get your bug reports / feature suggestions in the forum development thread.
Thank you for this great contribution, Herizo!